Mulloon Creek Natural Farms
Whether you are visiting Mulloon Creek to attend a small course in biodynamics or soil health, or coming to hear an international speaker present, the welcoming atmosphere, delicious catering and stunning natural environment will make you feel at home right away.
1-day Introduction to Biodynamics & Farm Fertility
Are you looking to...
- build humus and improve the health of your soil
- increase your soil’s water holding capacity
- increase the drought tolerance of your land
- decrease high cost inputs on your farm
Biodynamics is a cost effective method of producing high quality plants, food and fibre with regenerative ecological outcomes. You will learn how biodynamic preparations contribute to the soil food web creating fertility and balance in your soil.
What you will learn
- Introduction to Biodynamics
- Natural Soil Fertility- Soil Food Web – Biodynamic Preparations – their connection to the soil food web and soil fertility
- Biodynamic field sprays: Horn Manure 500, Horn Silica 501
- Biodynamic compost preparations: Yarrow 502, chamomile 503, Nettle 504, Oak Bark 505, Dandelion 506, Valerian 507, Equisetum 508
- John Priestley’s presentation on practical applications of biodynamics
- Managing Practical Applications
- Developing on farm fertility methods
- Building a compost heap
- Manure Concentrate
- Seaweed tea
- Effluent management
Meet your biodynamic educators
John Priestley: A third generation ecological farmer. John has been evolving his practice and knowledge of biodynamics for over 50 years. With his wife Dorothy he grows award winning citrus and beef cattle at Paterson in the NSW Hunter Valley. He is a wealth of practical knowledge with a keen eye for the small observations that can make a difference to farming.
Hamish Mackay: Hamish has been working with biodynamics for 35 years and travels Australia presenting introductory biodynamic workshops and consulting with growers to help them adopt biodynamics as a cost effective way of producing high quality food and fibre whilst improving our environment. He is renowned for his clear and effective way of demystifying biodynamics, making it accessible to the practical farmer.
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Take home samples of biodynamic preparations
- Information hand-outs
Plus as a special bonus, Mulloon Creek Natural Farms will be applying biodynamic preparations 500 and 501 from the air on the weekend of the course. All participants are invited to observe preparation and aerial spraying of 500 on Friday afternoon and 501 early Saturday morning. This is an optional add-on at no charge but is subject to conditions being favourable for spraying. Details will be confirmed closer to the day.
Book your place for our Biodynamics Course for Growing Soils for the Future – Food for Today.
- Want to immerse yourself in biodynamics? Then book for the 2-day course.
- Only have 1-day to spare? Then we recommend the following:
- Booking as a couple? Then take advantage of our Special Couples Rate of $412.50 for the 2-day workshop (save $137.50). Please use the Group Rate to receive this special offer.
|Start||Sat 21 Sep 2013 9:00 am|
|End||Sat 21 Sep 2013 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||Fri 20 Sep 2013|
|Price incl GST||$159.00|
|Location||The Barn at the Home Farm, Mulloon Creek Natural Farms|
Other Learning Experiences
Our education program offers a wide range of learning experiences including:
Field Days Read More...
School Tours Read More...
Creek Tours Read More...
Courses Read More...
Intern Program Read More...
If you would like to run an educational event or want us to host a particular course let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org